When companies think of audit logs, it’s often correlated to security incidents. However, there are several other benefits to audit logging according to Datadog, including:
- Ensuring compliance with industry regulations
- Troubleshooting system issues such as outages or user errors
- Evaluating new security and audit procedures for proactive security enhancements
To be successful with resource management and capacity planning, security and user management protocols must be an essential feature of any resource management solution.
While many organizations still rely on spreadsheets to house essential data and reports, keeping a spreadsheet under the control of one person is the opposite of security. It means that you assume only one person has access and control, but without any mechanism for securing your data privacy or integrity. Multiple insecurities live within spreadsheets, which can easily become security breaches as malicious macros that compromise work stations or exfiltrate sensitive information. Resource management teams need security that includes traceability, auditability, entitlements flexibility, and other ways to truly govern your sensitive data.
- Traceability: Most resource management is handled across a team, with different levels of access and authorization, and often spread across different locations. These managers need a centralized tool that can identify and track changes by user for validation and auditing purposes. They also need to be able to edit concurrently with visibility across all users.
- Auditability: With a resource portfolio management solution, organizations can eliminate the bias from single-user access to a spreadsheet, or multiple errors that can arise when spreadsheets are shared and improperly updated across teams. More importantly, the proper platform enables users to focus on accuracy and share the auditing responsibility across the team or business unit.
- Entitlements Flexibility: A role-based security model is integral to any resource portfolio management solution, especially one that has the flexibility to adapt to a wide range of organizational designs and that can provide the ability to configure roles and access policies to control and govern permissions to projects, resources, reports, and other sensitive data.
Tempus Resource by ProSymmetry scored highest for security and user management in the Gartner® 2022 Critical Capabilities™ of Adaptive Project Management and Reporting. With Tempus, resource management teams have traceability, auditability and entitlements flexibility built into the platform. ProSymmetry invests in providing a secure platform and is a SOC2 Type 2 organization.
Tempus provides the most robust built-in audit logging features in the market without any ability for tampering. Date, time, and user info are recorded along with the before and after of every change made in the platform, so data can be queried and used for advanced reporting and analytical purposes.
Because Tempus works with diverse and enterprise customers, ProSymmetry can provide highly flexible user security and entitlement management capabilities. They support a wide range of organizational designs and patterns ranging from very flat structures to matrixed to multi-matrixed and everything in between. Entitlements can be defined at higher-level groups all the way down to individual users. Further, impersonation options are available with expiration dates to accommodate the flexibility in use.
ProSymmetry, a global leader in resource portfolio management, provides resource management solutions to large enterprises including many Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies with its proprietary platform Tempus Resource. Tempus Resource, recently named in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Adaptive Project Management and Reporting, is a purpose-built resource forecasting and capacity planning solution for strategic business decisions. With capabilities including bulk resource forecasting, skills and talent management, portfolio and resource capacity reporting, and interactive scenario planning and what-if analysis, Tempus gives organizations actionable intelligence and cutting-edge analytics. For more information, visit www.prosymmetry.com.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.