Anyone who has spent time in the project management software industry can understand why the industry is valued at more than $6 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to top $15 billion by the end of the decade. For many companies, leaders and project managers, the need for a comprehensive resource management solution is well-established. As companies select the right platform, they evaluate many factors ranging from resource capacity planning, project forecasting, time tracking, reporting, and skills management. Additionally, companies must focus on selecting the best platform for ease of use and accessibility for its teams and employees.
Gartner® defines usability as “easy navigation, minimizing the number of clicks to perform functions and providing views without a lot of pop-ups. It also covers drag-and-drop movement of tasks, WYSIWYG, accessibility, HTML5, mobile device accessibility, intuitive configurability and user customization of home UI.” Any resource management platform must be built to maximize efficiency and ease of use for the user. From simple navigation to drag- drop movements, users should have the flexibility to navigate, manipulate and learn from the data.
Tempus Resource brings unrivalled ease of use to users, including:
- A simple grid-like user interface with copy-paste and drag-drop features to provide planning flexibility.
- Ability for users to export data to Excel from almost any data screen.
- Simple creation of more complex Resource Allocation Reports within the platform when generating reports.
- Tempus’s Insight+, an advanced dashboard and predictive analytics engine available with Tempus, means users can gain an unlimited ability to visualize, report, and drive decisions from resource portfolio management data. Tempus Insight+ standardizes and centralizes advanced dashboarding, report delivery, report-based alerting, report annotation, and analytical insight. Users can create more than a hundred charts, dashboards, and reporting visualizations that are fully customizable and combined with notifications, so users can automatically receive reports delivered to their inbox.
- A scalable API that allows users to build their own integrations and work with data from multiple sources.
- Quick setup of projects, including bulk importing from Excel, that enables project managers to move forward more quickly with resource management needs.
- Tempus’s decision management capability, Scribe, that enables users to memorialize and capture key decisions within the platform, enabling more direct communication between users and better understanding of decisions and data within Tempus.
Tempus Resource by ProSymmetry scored consistently in the top third of use case scores in the Gartner® 2022 Critical Capabilities™ of Adaptive Project Management and Reporting, which included an evaluation of Usability. ProSymmetry, a global leader in resource portfolio management, provides resource management solutions to large enterprises including many Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies with its proprietary platform Tempus Resource. Tempus Resource is a purpose-built resource forecasting and capacity planning solution for strategic business decisions. With capabilities including bulk resource forecasting, skills and talent management, portfolio and resource capacity reporting, and interactive scenario planning and what-if analysis, Tempus gives organizations actionable intelligence and cutting-edge analytics. For more information, visit www.prosymmetry.com.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.